4/16/08

Drew's Tonsillectomy (Presurgery)


Drews is preparing to get his tonsils out. He was very excited the night before that he wanted to go to bed with out dinner. But I wouldn't let that happen cause I told him as per doctors orders that he couldn't drink or eat anything 8 hours before surgery, Well we got him to eat a few bites then it was off to bed. What he really doesn't know is that the excitement will soon ware off as soon as he wakes up. He was very happy when he got to the Hosptial. Very talkitve like always to everybody, letting them know that he was getting a tonsillectomy, As from what I was told from the Dr. is that Drew wanted to know everything when he got to the surgery room, he was so talkitive that they had to put him to sleep to get him to stop talking, Which they had to anyways. Well when he woke up. It was not so happy moment for him. The excitment was turned in to Crying for his mommy and complaining his throught hurt. Also they put a purple bandage around his left foot which was holding the I V. I was called in to be by his side, I laid down on the bed with him and soon became his BIG SNUGGLE BUG, After he stop crying he tried to talk. All I heard was my left foot. I didnt want to make him talk, but I didn't understand what was wrong. He soon was able to speak a little more and ask MOM, DID THEY CUT OFF OR BREAK MY LEFT FOOT, What I replied, As I look at his left foot I saw the IV. Oh No HONEY, it just a purple wrap to hold the IV. Then I had to go in to detail about an IV. Well about 20mins past and he was able to go into the his own recovery room, From there he recoverded well, The nurse couldn't belive how much he was talking, and he felt fine and was ready to go home. The main reason he really wanted to go home is that there are enough popcicles, jello and pudding waiting for him. I know it's the pain killers talking cause once they really ware off he is going to really feel the real pain and side effects of a Tonsillectomy. His Grandma Transtrum works at the Hosptial and she came by to see him.










3 comments:

Shane and Michelle said...

Hi Rachelle! Great to catch up with you a little bit. It is cool that your grandma could come by and see him during his hospital visit. Sounds like he is doing good now.

Shane and Michelle said...

oops, I meant to say, his grandma...sorry about that

Unknown said...

I knew Grandma Transtrum as a kid. Please tell her that Angel Sannar (Bruce Sannar's) oldest daughter now lives in Boise and was thinking about the family. My husband and I own a Teriyaki Drive thru on Broadway and Pennsylvania if she ever has the occasion to stop by and say HI!